20 Aug How to design and interpret controlled clinical trials
Posted at 10:25h in Μελέτες
“the dark side of the moon”
“How to session”
ESH June 2005
Andreas Pittaras MD
- 10.00 new randomized trials every year
- >350.000 trials
- General internists would need to read 20 articles a day all year round to maintain present knowledge
- Systematic reviews and guidelines reduces this problem
Clinical Studies: Essential Questions
- Was the study original?
- Whom is the study about?
- Was the design of the study sensible?
- Was systematic bias avoided or minimized?
- Was the study large enough, and continued for long enough, to make the results credible?