20 Aug Hypertension and Arrhythmias
Posted at 11:35h in Στεφ. Νόσος-Καρδιακή Ανεπάρκεια
- Hypertension is one of the earliest recorded medical conditions (2.600BC)
- Consequences of hypertension will soon be the leading global cause of death
- The risk of death increases with increasing SBP
- On one hand is a risk factor for the development of coronary artery disease, and on the other hand for the incidence of ventricular arrhythmias or even cardiac death.
Arrhythmogenic Mechanisms in Hypertension
- Duration of the action potential is increased
- The plateau phase of the action potential is more labile than non-LVH
- Disorders of the cytosolic calcium concentrations
- The normal regional differences of action potential duration are reversed
- Reentry seems to be directly linked with fibrosis
- Link of LV wall stress and arrhythmias
- The HRV is decreased
- Electrolyte imbalance such as disorders of calcium and potassium channels
Κατεβάστε την πλήρη παρουσίαση σε μορφή διαφανειών Powerpoint.